Thursday, June 18, 2009

Valentina Caruso - Model and Archeologist

He had the privilege to talk to Valentina from Italia, we are just amazed to see how models are literally changing the world, this is our conversation with her.


Rogelio:

When did you start modeling?

Valentina:

At 16, I did my first shooting for a cover.

Rogelio:

Wow, that was your first job? Your first modeling job was a COVER? What publication was it for?

Valentina:

It was only a cover for a local magazine that sells on the island where I live.

Rogelio:

Oh wow, well still a cover is a cover. Where are you from originally?

Valentina:

I am from Cagliari on Sardinia island

Rogelio:

Amazing, that is in Italia right?

Valentina:

Yes.

Rogelio:

So, doing your first cover at the age of 16, where did that take you?

Valentina:

I competed in the contest for "Miss Italy." At that point I spent most of my time working in Sicily and Sardinia.

Rogelio:

Oh wow, so this is quite the island to start modeling I guess...

Valentina:

Yes, on my island and throughout Italy, but I do travel often.

Rogelio:

So what agency are you with in Italia? Or are you a free agent?

Valentina:

I work with different agencies. I do commercial work, and regional and national campaigns.

Rogelio:

Ok, so you do not do a lot of high fashion?

Valentina:

No, primarily advertising and commercial work.

Rogelio:

So you work a lot and travel a lot. How would you describe your personal life (family, friends, love)? Are these components of your life affected by your work?

Valentina:

I do spend a lot of time studying. I'm going after a degree in archeology.

Rogelio:

Congratulations, that is amazing!

Valentina:

Thank you. And the rest of the time I am really swamped with modeling.

Rogelio:

Archeology and modeling...so I'm guessing you don't have too much time for fun and a personal life huh?

Valentina:

It does get hectic, but I do have time to go out with my friends

Rogelio:

So that's great, a very balanced lifestyle...

Valentina:

Yes, I have a lot of fun

Rogelio:

Tell us more about your passion for archeology, it seems so exciting.

Have you traveled for it already? Have you found any exciting ancient things?

Valentina:

In school we do have exams, but I've also been able to go on excavations!

Rogelio:

That is amazing! So exciting!!!

Valentina:

I also really enjoy studying Roman and Greek history.

Rogelio:

WOW! Tell us about your first excavation, do you remember it?

Valentina:

Yes, it was in my town Cagliari on Sardinia island. We did excavations of the ancient wall that protected the city in the Pisan period. It was very exhilarating for me...I even found some artifacts!

Rogelio:

That must have been so exciting, your first excavation and you found ancient artifacts...I can only imagine the thrill.

So what are your plans when you graduate?

Valentina:

I'd like to move to Rome, but right now my sole focus is on my last exam. In September I will start my 2 national advertising campaigns.

Rogelio:

Wow, congratulations Valentina. It is definitely refreshing to see such a young model with such a great and bright archeological career ahead of her.

Valentina:

Thank you.

Rogelio:

We will definitely be tracking your career. Maybe when we come to Italia you can show us around...maybe take us to an excavation?

Valentina:

Yes, absolutely.

Rogelio:

We will let you go back to your studies, thank you for your time and sharing your experiences with us.

Valentina:

You're welcome. Ciao.

Rogelio:

Ciao

the archives