Friday, October 16, 2009

Supermodel Filippa Hamilton gets FIRED!

Supermodel Filippa Hamilton, earlier this week appeared in the news because of her photoshopped picture for Ralph Lauren, claims she is being fired because she is too fat. In this highly controversial picture (an ad for Ralph Lauren) she was photoshopped to an abnormal thin size. See below.




Now the 23 year old supermodel, who has worked for Ralph Lauren since 2002, claims she has been fired because she was too fat; "They fired me because they said I was overweight and I couldn't fit in their clothes anymore".
Ralph Lauren stated that Filippa is a "beautiful and healthy" woman but their relationship ended "as a result of her inability to meet the obligations under her contract with us."

The photoshopped ad and now this claim by Filippa Hamilton stirs up the fat vs. thin controversy (or maybe thin vs. skinny is better put). Fillippa Hamilton is 174 cm long and weighs 55 kilograms, Filippa herself is clear about this issue and of what Ralph Lauren should do.

"I think they owe American women an apology, a big apology," she said. "I am very proud of what I look like, and I think a role model should look healthy."

It's clear that the discussion about weight in the model world will flare up again...

*article and pictures courtesy of supermodels.nl

the archives