Thursday, June 10, 2010

Interview with Liset Garza - Make Up Artist



Entertaining and informative interview by Amna (SOMW) with the professional Make Up artist based in NYC “ Liset Garza” .



SOMW : Hello Liset ! Tell us about yourself and if you attended school or you’re a self taught make up artist ?


Liset: I just recently moved to NY from Los Angeles. I did attend school at MUDD in Burbank.



SOMW : At what point in your life did you realize you wanted to be a make-up artist and why? Anything special that inspired you ?


Liset : I would have to say it really started at a young age. Watching my mom and my cousin do there makeup and seeing how beautiful and confident they both felt after they were done. Whom really inspired me is both Max Factor and Dick Page. I am a lover of old movies and seeing how Max Factor transformed such actresses like Clara Bow and Jean Harlow and even watching I love Lucy and watching Max Factor's name in the credits as the Makeup Artist I didn't know that jobs like that even excited. So he played a HUGE roll in my life.


SOMW : What steps have you taken to get into the fashion industry ?

Liset : Some steps are testing with Photographers, networking with other artist and the biggest step I had made is moving to New York. The talent here is incredible and love being part of it.



SOMW: What is your favorite thing about your job?

Liset : The people I get to work with mostly.



SOMW : Is there anyone that you hope to work with in the future?

Liset : (smiles) being in Dick Page's team for fashion week.



SOMW : Is there anything you want people to know about you? Professionally or Personally?

Liset : I am a bit shy but I get the job done.



SOMW : what feature(s) do you like to accentuate .

Liset : I love eyebrows you can change a woman's futures by something as simple as a eyebrow.



SOMW : what are the difference between applying make up on model and on real woman ? ( laughing)

Liset : ekkk... models don't ask to many questions when you apply there make up as real woman do. (laughs)


SOMW : you , most of the time work with models right? Have you ever had an unpleasant experience with a model ?

Liset : no, not yet. let's knock on wood about that.



SOMW : what was you best experience working as a make up artist ?

Liset : Seeing your work on a magazine for the very first time.



SOMW : What do you think about SOMW ?

Liset : I think its wonderful and its very informative. Thank you for having a site like this

one.


SOMW : Well thank you Lizet for this lovely interview . SOMW wishes to you the best of luck !

by Amna B

the archives